Applications for the Undergraduate Summer School 2018 are now open. These scholarships will cover the tuition fee of £1,500. Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
King’s College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a founding constituent college of the federal University of London.
The level of English language, applicants are required to demonstrate is dependent upon the programme for which they have applied. The level of English required for each programme is denoted by a five-band system, each band corresponds to a level of English language competence.
Course Level: These are summer scholarships available to students wishing to study on 2018 Undergraduate Summer School.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn following subjects below:
|Session One||Session Two|
|2 – 20 July 2018||23 July – 10 August 2018|
|Culture||· London & Film
· Media, Gender & Culture
· Museum of London: Curating the City
· Wonderland: 100 Years of Children’s Literature
|· Jane Austen’s England
· Literature in the City
· London & Film
· Theatrical London
|Governance||· International Relations
· Profiling & Psychology of Terrorism
· War & Diplomacy
|· Secrets & Spies: Modern Espionage & Intelligence|
|Health & Science||· Global Health & Social Justice
· Human Anatomy & Physiology
· Public Health
|· Crime Scene & Forensic Science
· Healthcare & Technology
|Maths & Engineering||· Applied Maths||· Engineering|
|Law||· International Commercial Law
· International Human Rights Law
|· Criminology & Criminal Justice
· International Commercial Law
· Understanding the Common Law
|Business||· International Business||· International Business|
|Ancient Languages||· Ancient Greek (Beginners)
· Latin (Beginners)
|· Ancient Greek (Intermediate)
· Latin (Intermediate)
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the tuition fee of £1,500.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 8 scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The university requires applicants to be working at, or have obtained, a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their degree programme. Equivalencies for some countries are listed below. If your qualification is not listed please contact us for advice, indicating the country in which you are studying and the name and level of your current qualification. We may consider qualifications which are different to those below on a case-by-case basis.
- Australia GPA of 3.3 out of 4 or 2:1 or 70%
- Brazil 7 or higher
- China GPA of 3.2 out of 4 or 80% or above.
- Colombia 3.9 out of a GPA of 5
- Denmark 10 or above
- France 13 out of 20 or higher
- Germany ‘gut’ or better
- Greece 6.5 out of 10
- Hong Kong GPA of 3.3 or above.
- India 60% or higher
- Japan 3.3 out of 4 or 80%
- Italy 24 or higher
- Korea (South) GPA 3.3 (out of 4.30) or 3.0 (out of 4.0)
- Mexico 8 out of 10
- Netherlands Minimum of 8
- Norway B or better
- Qatar GPA of 3.3 out of 4
- Russia 4 or higher
- Saudi Arabia GPA of 3 out of 5 or higher
- Singapore GPA of 3.3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5
- Spain 7 or higher
- Switzerland 5 (out of 6) or 8 (out of 10)
- Turkey CGPA of 3 out of 4 or higher
- UK Results should be within the 2:1-grade bracket
- USA GPA of 3.3 or above
If you have not studied at university, or do not meet our academic requirements, contact summer-at-kcl.ac.ukto find out if we are able to consider your application based on other criteria.
Nationality: Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The University requires applicants to be working at, or have obtained, a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their degree programme.
English Language Requirements: All classes are taught and assessed in English, except ancient language modules. All applicants must have studied English to at least level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
If your first language is not English or the medium of instruction at your university is not English, please provide evidence of your English proficiency from the list below:
- BULATS, minimum score of 65
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate – grade B
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English – grade C
- CEFR, with a minimum score of B2
- CET-4 (China) – 493
- CET-6 (China) – 493
- GCSE/ IGCSE/ O-Level – grade C
- GEPT – high intermediate level
- GRE (verbal score) 300 (please note this is for tests taken before 1 August 2011)
- GRE (verbal score) 140 (please note this is for tests taken after 1 August 2011)
- IELTS – 6.5 (or equivalent) with a minimum of 6.0 in each skill.
- International Baccalaureate- Standard Level 4
- iTEP – Level 5
- TOEFL computer based test – score of 213
- TOEFL Internet Based Test – 93 with minimum 20 in all skills (within the last 2 years)
- TOEFL Paper-based test – 583 with minimum 53 in all skills (within the last two years)
- TEM, minimum score of 70
- TOEIC, minimum score of 685 in all skills
- UEE (University Entrance Exam (China) – score of 110
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
As part of the application process students will need to upload the following:
- An academic transcript from their current institution
- Evidence of English proficiency level (if required)
- A personal statement that states which module you would like to study and explains why
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 1, 2018.