The University of Bath is offering scholarships for Chinese students studying for a PhD in the Faculty of Science or Engineering and Design.
The University of Bath is a public university located in Bath, Somerset, United Kingdom. It received its royal charter in 1966, along with a number of other institutions following the Robbins Report.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English
Application Deadline: January 22, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in either the Faculty of Science or the Faculty of Engineering and Design.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will provide a stipend to cover living costs and an allowance for research related costs for each year of study (up to a maximum of four years). The value of the scholarship will depend on the applicant’s financial position and the extent of matched funding available to the applicant. The maximum available will be £20,000 per year. The successful applicant will also receive a University scholarship to the value of 50% of the applicable overseas tuition fees.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from China are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Candidates must:
- Be planning to undertake a PhD in October 2018 in either the Faculty of Science or the Faculty of Engineering and Design and have identified a supervisor for their project
- Be a citizen and permanent resident of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application
- Fulfil the relevant entry requirements of the University of Bath, including a high level of English language proficiency, and be issued with an offer letter from the University
- Have achieved (or be predicted to achieve) a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent in their undergraduate degree
- Satisfy applicable visa requirements
In keeping with the philanthropic traditions of the Ko family, priority for the scholarship will be given to students who can demonstrate financial disadvantage (see below) and preference will be given to those who are permanent residents in Anhui province (who should provide evidence of this).
Applicants may be in receipt of funding from other sources, for example, the China Scholarship Council.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English
How to Apply:
Candidates should apply directly for admission to the University of Bath before the application closing date of 22 January 2018, stating clearly that you wish to apply for the Ko Scholarship.
Applications will be considered by a panel comprising the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research), the Deans of Engineering & Design and Science and the Director of Development and Alumni Relations. A shortlist will be provided to the scholarship donor to select the successful recipient.