The Sciences Po is awarding Kuwait Excellence Scholarships for Arab students to pursue a master degree. These scholarships are awarded in social sciences and the humanities with the special emphasis on the study of the Arab World and the Gulf Region.
The Kuwait Excellence Scholarships programme is one of the flagship initiatives of the Kuwait Programme at Sciences Po. Established in 2013, it aims at supporting outstanding incoming students.
The Kuwait Program at Sciences Po is a partnership between Sciences Po and the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS). Working together, the two institutions are supporting research and teaching of excellence in the social sciences and the humanities with the special emphasis on the study of the Arab World and the Gulf Region.
- Application deadline: December 3, 2017
- Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue a master degree.
- Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in social sciences and the humanities with the special emphasis on the study of the Arab World and the Gulf Region.
- Scholarship Award: Each recipient is awarded up to 10 000 Euros per year (ie. 20 000 Euros for two years of study).
- Nationality: Applicants from Arab countries, including the Gulf Region, may apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Arab
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following Criteria:
- Applicants must be first-time degree-seeking students in France.
- Applicants must have:
- Submitted a full application to Sciences Po for the 2018 intake (including all supporting documents and references) via the Sciences Po Admissions Portal,
- Applied to any of the 7 graduate schools of Sciences Po, in any of the two-year Master programmes.
- Students applying to a dual degree program are not eligible. Students applying to a one-year Master program are not eligible.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
- To apply, please send the materials by email to the program. With ‘Kuwait Excellence Scholarship Application 2018’ in the subject line.
How to Apply:
- CV in English
- Cover letter in English of 1000 words addressed to the members of the joint selection committee (indicating which Master program at Sciences Po you are applying for)
- Copy of passport
- Completed and signed release form (see page 3)
- A joint selection committee will review all eligible scholarship applications.