Applications are invited for La Trobe – JSSAHER PhD Scholarship in Life Science and Public Health for Indian students. The PhD candidate will be based at JSSAHER, Mysuru throughout his/her candidature, and will have the opportunity to visit La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia during his/her candidature as part of the research project.
The aim of the project is to determine if the University and/or the Hospital have an effect on the microbial communities in the soils around them, including the amount and variation of multi-resistance organisms in the vicinity of the Hospital.
The La Trobe University is based in the State of Victoria, Australia, and accommodates 36,000 students, of which more than 1,600 are Higher Degree by Research students. La Trobe is among the best 1.4% of the world’s universities. We rank 301st in the ARWU (2017), 360th in the QS (2017) and 377th in THE (2016) world university rankings. In 2017 we were positioned #56 in the world in THE Young Universities Rankings, which made us one of the world’s best young universities.
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Life Science and Public Health. The focus of this research project is to analyze and monitor soil samples around JSSAHER and its JSS Hospital in Mysuru, India over the period of three years.
- Scholarship Award: Benefits of the scholarship include:
- La Trobe Research Scholarship for 3.5 years with a value of INR 25,000 per month in years 1 and 2, and INR 28,000 per month in year 3 and the first half of year 4 of candidature, to support your living costs
- Fee-relief scholarship (LTUFFRS) for up to four years (international candidates)
- Opportunity to travel to La Trobe University, Australia for up to six months during your candidature, including accessing a travel grant of up toAUD$15,000 (pro rata for six months) (upon prior approval)
- Opportunities to work with outstanding researchers at La Trobe University and JSSAHER, and access to professional development programs through La Trobe’s Research and Education Unit.
- Nationality: Indian students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in India and Australia (The PhD candidate will be based at JSSAHER, Mysuru throughout his/her candidature, and will have the opportunity to visit La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia during his/her candidature as part of the research project)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Indian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants should have a high level of achievement, including a first class honours degree or postgraduate degree or equivalent. They will also need to fulfil the English language requirements at La Trobe University.
English Language Requirements: Applicants need to fulfil the English language requirements at La Trobe University.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for these scholarships, follow these steps:
- Expression of Interest: Send your CV, transcripts, certificates and relevant publications (if any) in a pdf file to the following email address: admissions-at-jssuni.edu.in by 19 March 2018 You will be notified of the outcome of your expression of interest by email.
- Interview: If your expression of interest is successful, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and JSSAHER at the end of March or early April 2018. Interviews will take place at the JSSAHER campus in Mysuru, India.
- Invitation to apply: If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be invited to formally apply for both the scholarship and for PhD candidature.
- La Trobe and JSSAHER will carefully review your application and consider you for a La Trobe – India PhD Scholarship in Public Health. We anticipate that the successful candidate will be advised of the outcome of their application in May-June 2018.