The Lane Kirkland Scholarships are open for young leaders holding Master’s (or equivalent) university degrees to pursue two semesters of study at Polish universities and two or more weeks professional internships in public and private. These scholarships are available for the applicants from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine
The aim of the scholarships is to support applicants who are determined to be actively involved in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and the region.
The Polish-American Foundation’s goal is to support the development of civil society, democracy and market economy in Poland.
Application deadline: March 1, 2018
Course Level: The programme includes two semesters of study at Polish universities (in Warszawa, Kraków, Wroc?aw, Pozna? and Lublin) and two or more weeks professional internships in public and private institutions.
Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the following fields:
- Economics and management
- Administration/management (business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, healthcare, education)
- Public administration (government and local government)
- Social science (Social Psychology, Sociology)
- Political science and international relations
- Development policy and Humanitarian Aid
Scholarship Award: The programme will cover the followings:
- Monthly stipend paid to Kirkland grantees for nine months: 1800 PLN/month.
- Free of charge access to academic courses are free of charge
- In addition, the Program administrator provides the following (worth approx. 4200 PLN/month):
- Accommodation in Poland during nine months
- Health insurance for medical outpatient care, treatment costs in case of emergency and civil liability insurance
- One return ticket to Poland (up to agreed amount)
- -Public transportation cards;
- Visa costs
- Research materials (up to 2700/year)
- Participation in the orientation program and grantees conventions,
- Polish language course (October- May).
Nationality: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in Poland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland are ineligible)
- Master’s degree
- Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- At least two years between any previous foreign scholarships (lasting longer than 6 months) and application
English Language Requirements: Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project. During the interview candidates are required to speak Polish at least at the B1 level Studies within the Kirkland Programme are realised in Polish or English (studies in English are not possible for candidates from Belarus and Ukraine), however, only in Polish it is possible to fully use the educational offer at Polish universities and the professional internship offered in program.
How to Apply:
- Application form online
- a) Detailed personal questionnaire
- b) Proposed programme of study in Poland explaining the purpose of participation in the Kirkland Program and including the future plans connected with its completion (not exceeding 4,000-6,000 characters with spaces)
- Two letters of reference (in Polish, English or Russian), describing the achievements and qualifications of the candidate as well as the expectations connected with the candidate’s further development and work in her/his professional or social field – to be submitted by e-mail
- Copy of Master’s degree diploma (or PhD diploma) – to be submitted by e-mail