Applications are invited for LGBTI Pulse Memorial Scholarship in Switzerland for the year 2017-2018. These scholarships are created to provide financial support to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender; Intersex individuals between 18 and 26 who wish to pursue a college or university degree. Students from any nationality are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
LGBTI Training Package introduces participants to foundation topics related to working with LGBTI people in the humanitarian context, including terminology, global issues, the types of discrimination and persecution LGBTI people face, how to successfully communicate with LGBTI people, problematic assumptions we may have that can impact the provision of effective assistance, and frequently asked questions about LGBTI issues.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in various subjects offered by the institutions.
Scholarship Award: For 2017 up to USD 5,500 in funding is available.
Scholarship can be taken in Geneva, Switzerland
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
This scholarship is available to LGBTIQ between 18 and 26. You must be enrolled and about to begin studies, currently studying, or have completed your program in the last 12 months. You must either be a citizen, a permanent resident of, or have refugee status in, the country you are studying, or plan to study. Please note individuals attending an institution on a student visa are not eligible for this award.
Nationality: Students from any nationality are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: This scholarship is available to LGBTI between 18 and 26.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Candidates have to:
- Write a letter of intent, maximum 800 words, detailing your belief that you should be the recipient of this year’s award and how it will support your pursuit of higher learning. Some questions to consider: How do you distinguish yourself as a leader? What leadership roles have you held? How have you supported others to grow in their own leadership experiences?
- Provide a copy of your most recent transcript, scanned and uploaded as an attachment to your application. Secondary school is accepted, if this is your most recent.
- Provide two letters of recommendation. One on “Leadership qualities” and one on “Continued academic success”. At least one letter must be from a faculty member or instructor. Letters from family members are not accepted. Letters must be typed and uploaded as an attachment to your application.
- Proof of enrollment in a post-secondary college or university, once you receive it. If do not have this document by the time you submit your on-line application, please indicate this when prompted to do so.
- Complete all sections of the on-line application form, upload all required supporting documents and submit by the deadline: 30 November
- Be available for a telephone interview lasting between 30-45 minutes should you be one of the finalists selected.
- Award money will be paid directly to the educational institution and only after proof of enrollment has been received. Requests for alternative arrangements will be considered exceptionally, upon direct request and a review of circumstances indicated. All decisions of the selection committee are final.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is November 30, 2017.