ICTP is calling applications from outstanding young scientists of any nationality with a strong research record to apply for its “Ludwig Boltzmann” Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship.
The “Ludwig Boltzmann” fellow is also encouraged and supported, to participate in activities in developing countries in order to promote the mission of the ICTP.
For more than 50 years, the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) has been a driving force behind global efforts to advance scientific expertise in the developing world. Founded in 1964 by the late Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam, ICTP seeks to accomplish its mandate by providing scientists from developing countries with the continuing education and skills that they need to enjoy long and productive careers. ICTP has been a major force in stemming the scientific brain drain from the developing world.
- Applications deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: For details on research areas please visit the CMSP web page.
- Scholarship Award: ICTP offers internationally competitive remuneration and a number of benefits including a pension contribution and special allowances for family members. The take-home salary will start from 2,700 Euro monthly, depending on the seniority of the applicant.
- Nationality: Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: ICTP seeks applications for the “Ludwig Boltzmann” senior postdoctoral fellowship starting fall 2018 from outstanding young scientists of any nationality with a strong research record; women are particularly encouraged to apply. Candidates should have at least one previous postdoctoral experience, very active and independent research in their own area.
English Language Requirements: Adequate proficiency in English language is required.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.