Leiden University is offering LUSTRA scholarships for students who want to study or do an internship/research at an institution or in a company outside Europe.
The scholarship is awarded for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum of 12 months. Student must have obtained his/ her first-year diploma. Student must have enrolled at Leiden University.
Leiden University has been making a prominent contribution to prosperity, well-being and culture since 1575, in a climate where every individual can develop his or her talents free from any ideological, cultural, religious or other limitations.
Course Level: This scholarship is offered to study or do an internship/research at an institution or in a company outside Europe.
Study Subject(s): The applicants who are enrolled in any programme at Leiden university will be awarded this scholarship to study or do an internship/research.
Scholarship Awards: The LUSTRA+ scholarship is a contribution to travel and accommodation costs. The amount of the scholarship is based on the number of weeks/months of study/internship/research period abroad. The amount stated is a lump sum and not an amount per month. 14 days up to and including 30 days: € 200, 31 days up to and including 3 months: € 300, 4 months up to and including 7 months: € 450, 8 months up to and including 12 months: € 650.
A calculation will be made on the basis of one month is the equivalent of 30 days.
- You are going away for 6 months and 4 days: you get € 450
- You are going away for 6 months and 25 days: you get € 450
- You are going away for 8 months or more: you get € 650
Scholarship can be taken in Outside Europe
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Students must be enrolled at Leiden University during the academic year for which the scholarship is to be awarded. During your stay abroad you will pay the statutory tuition fee to Leiden University.
- Students must have permission from the Board of Examiners (Examencommissie) for your period abroad.
- The study, research or internship is a fully recognised part of the diploma and you will receive study credits accordingly.
- If Students are eligible for funding from the Sustainable Humanities Scholarship (Stagefonds Duurzame Geesteswetenschappen) for your period abroad you cannot apply for the LUSTRA+ Scholarship. Please check this with your International Exchange Coordinator.
- If Students are going to a country outside Europe that is on the Erasmus+ country list you cannot apply for a LUSTRA+ scholarship.
- The study, research or internship should be for a minimum of 14 days and a maximum of 12 months.
- Holidays at the beginning or the end of the study, research or internship period abroad cannot be included in the LUSTRA+ scholarship.
- Students are allowed to apply for LUSTRA+ more than once with a maximum of 12 months in total during your bachelor and 12 months in total during your master programme.
Nationality: Students from around the world (except Turkey) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: Send the online LUSTRA scholarship application and the signed LUSTRA scholarship application form at the latest 2 months before the start of your study/internship/research period abroad (the application period for 2017 LUSTRA application is September 1, 2016 – August 31, 2017).