LUSTRA Scholarships for Students of Leiden University, 2013/14
Leiden University is offering LUSTRA scholarships for students who want to study or do an internship/research at an institution or in a company outside Europe. The scholarship is awarded for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum of 12 months. Student must have obtained his/ her first-year diploma. Student must have enrolled at Leiden University. Applications should be submitted online at latest two months before the start of study/internship/research period abroad.
Study Subject(s): The applicants who are enrolled in any programme at Leiden university will be awarded this scholarship to study or do an internship/research.
Course Level: This scholarship is offered to study or do an internship/research at an institution or in a company outside Europe.
Scholarship Provider: Leiden University
Scholarship can be taken at: Outside Europe
Eligibility:1. The student must be enrolled at Leiden University during the academic year for which the scholarship is to be awarded.
2. The student should have obtained his or her first-year diploma (propaedeuse).
3. Leiden University recognizes the study/internship/research abroad as an element of the Leiden study (as a programme component, an optional subject or an extra subject), and will award study credits accordingly.
4. The study/internship/research should be for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum of 12 months.
5. Holidays at the beginning or the end of the study/internship/research period abroad cannot be included in the LUSTRA scholarship.
6. The student has not previously received a LUSTRA scholarship.
7. A project proposal of max. 1 page (English or Dutch) or a learning agreement signed by or on behalf of the exam committee of the students department should be included when requesting a signature from the Faculty’s or Institute’s International exchange coordinator.
8. A written report and the LUSTRA scholarship report form should be submitted/send in within one month after the study/internship/research period abroad has ended. The LUSTRA scholarship report form will be included in the decision letter.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Students enrolled at Leiden University during the academic year for which the scholarship is to be awarded are eligible for this research scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The LUSTRA scholarship has been created by Leiden University for students registered at Leiden University who want to study or do an internship/research at an institution or in a company outside Europe, which has been approved by your International exchange coordinator.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): The study/internship/research period abroad should be for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum of 12 months.
What does it cover? The LUSTRA scholarship is a one-time contribution to travel and accommodation costs. The amount of the scholarship is based on the number of weeks/months of study/internship/research period abroad. Minimum 4 weeks up to and including 3 months:€ 250 The 4th month up to and including 6 months:€ 350. The 7th month up to and including 12 months:€ 45. An amount of € 50 will be withheld from the LUSTRA scholarship, to be paid out after the report and the LUSTRA scholarship report form have been received by Student and Educational Affairs.
Please note that failure to deliver either of these documents within a month after the study/internship/research period abroad has ended means you will no longer be entitled to receive the € 50.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Send the online LUSTRA scholarship application and the signed LUSTRA scholarship application form at the latest 2 months before the start of your study/internship/research period abroad (the application period for 2013-2014 LUSTRA application is 1 September 2013 – 31 August 2014).
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand
Take a leap in to successful career by taking free online courses from world's top colleges and universities.