Applications are invited for M+/Design Trust International Fellowship to undertake an original research project for investigating issues relating to design and Architecture in the Greater Pearl River Delta region.
The successful applicant will be attached to M+ for three to six months in 2018, conducting independent research, preferably on a full-time basis.
Applications are welcome from individuals of all nationalities whose areas of research are in design, architecture or a related field.
M+ is the new museum for visual culture in Hong Kong, as part of West Kowloon Cultural District, focusing on 20th and 21st century art, design and architecture and moving image.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to undertake an original research project.
Study Subject (s): Applicants should engage in advanced historical research on either a single discipline, such as architecture, graphic design, industrial design and urbanism, or cross-disciplinary developments, taking into consideration the region’s cultural, social, economic and political milieus as well as its international and cross-cultural networks. Although post-1949 topics are preferred, exceptional proposals focusing on issues related to the beginning of the twentieth century will also be considered.
Scholarship Awards: The selected fellow will be provided a lump-sum stipend of up to HK$40,000 per month for three to six months to cover research-related and living costs. (The monthly stipend may be prorated for a part-time fellow, depending on individual circumstances.) An overseas fellow may request a one-time travel subsidy of up to HK$10,000, covering the cost of transportation to and from Hong Kong.
Scholarship can be taken in Hong Kong
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Applications are welcome from individuals of all nationalities whose areas of research are in design, architecture or a related field. However, the provision of the fellowship will ultimately depend on the result of the fellow’s ability to obtain a visa for Hong Kong.
- Applicants should either hold a post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline or an undergraduate degree with minimum three years relevant professional work or academic research experience. Proficiency in spoken and written English is also required.
Nationality: Applications are welcomed from individuals of all nationalities.
How to Apply: Please send all application materials digitally and address enquiries to designfellow-at-wkcda.hk. Applicants are required to provide:
- Completed application form
- Applicant’s full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honours, awards and publications;
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional), submitted directly from the references;
- Three – five pieces of relevant written work, published or unpublished.
Application Deadline: The scholarship application deadline is July 24, 2017.