The Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is delighted to offer Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (IF) to study in Italy for 2017-2018 academic year. Researchers from all over the world are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
With the aim of promoting excellence in research and fostering the exchange of knowledge, we encourage all researchers from abroad to apply for a grant and to choose Ca’ Foscari University as Host Institution: our research themes match many topics and we offer an outstanding research environment to carry out their project.
Founded on August 6, 1868, as the “Scuola Superiore di Commercio” (Advanced School of Commerce), Ca’ Foscari was the first Italian institution to deal with advanced education in Business and Economics. Ca’ Foscari strives to attract and nurture talented scholars across the world, delivering cutting-edge research emerging from the engagement of the hard and digital sciences with social sciences and humanities.
As indicated on the art. 3, clause 6 of the call, all PhD students are required to have certified English proficiency at least B2 level at the time of enrollment, except for the possibility of acquiring it subsequently, but and not later than December 31st following the date of first enrollment, otherwise they will be excluded from the PhD programme.
- Application Deadline: September 12, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: The research topic will be freely chosen by the researchers in collaboration with the scientific supervisor of the host organization.A Career Development Plan should be established jointly by the supervisor(s) and the researcher. In addition to research objectives, this plan comprises the researcher’s training and career needs, including training on transferable skills, planning for publications and participation in conferences.
- Scholarship Award: The European financial contribution for a Marie Curie Fellowship is a flat-rate for the entire period of the project. The average salary of a MSCA fellow in Italy is around 4000 euros per month (after taxes). It provides the following entries yearly allocated:
Researcher unit cost (per month)
Living allowance* Mobility allowance Family allowance € 4.880 € 600 € 500
Institutional unit cost (per month)
Research, training and networking costs Management and indirect costs € 800 € 650
* A country correction coefficient applies to the living allowance.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Researchers from all over the world
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Researchers from all over the world are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- Entrance Requirements: At the time of the deadline of the call, researchers shall have obtained a doctoral degree or at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience(measured from the date when they obtained the degree formally entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate).
Also, researchers need to comply with the mobility rules of the call: please, check section “Types of grants” on this.
- English Language Requirements: As indicated on the art. 3, clause 6 of the call, all PhD students are required to have certified English proficiency at least B2 level at the time of enrollment, except for the possibility of acquiring it subsequently, but and not later than December 31st following the date of first enrollment, otherwise they will be excluded from the PhD programme.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.