Applications are invited for Marietta Blau-Grants for 2018. Grants offer financial support for six- to twelve-month study periods abroad for doctoral or PhD students of Austrian universities. It serves to optimise their dissertations. Junior researchers are the main target group.
The OeAD is the Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research.
Course Level: Grants are available for pursuing research programme.
Study Subject: Grants are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
Scholarship Award: Partial grant; own funds need to be provided
Monthly grant: EUR 1,500
No travel costs subsidy
Scholarship can be taken in Abroad
Eligibility: Highly qualified doctoral/PhD students currently enrolled at an Austrian university. The study progress must be efficient and uninterrupted; this will be judged based on the minimum time specified in the curriculum. In case of interruptions (such as childcare, home care for relatives, military or civil service, etc.), applicants should provide relevant proof. The following persons are explicitly invited to apply:
- Scientific staff at universities (please provide proof),
- Persons who receive no financial support from public funds (such as grants or paid research positions), except Austrian federal student aid.
Nationality: All except Austria are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Application documents:
- Fully completed online application form in German. Incomplete forms will not be considered. Applicants whose native language is not German may also complete the form in English.
- Proof of admission to a doctoral programme.
- Dissertation agreement (written confirmation stating the dissertation supervisor and the topic as well as a confirmation of the home university that the dissertation topic has been submitted and approved).
- Letter of recommendation issued by the dissertation supervisor (including a stamp of the institution and signature of the person recommending the applicant).
- Exposé or proposal (justifying the necessity of the stay abroad, defining the problem, aims, methodology, and schedule and including a selective bibliography) – 5 pages in German or English.
- A first outline of the dissertation or an abstract (approx. 1 page, in German or English).
- A confirmation that the applicant may use rooms and resources at the institute (stamp plus signature), if necessary.
- Letter of confirmation issued by the supervisor at the applicant’s target institution(s), if available.
- All clearances necessary for the research project need to be submitted with the application (e.g. declaration of no objection of the ethics commission or the animal testing commission).
- Applicants receiving educational leave payment need to submit the following documents: a financing plan, a confirmation of the payment amount and an explanation how these financial means will be used to cover costs related to the research visit.
- If applicable, documents to prove the following circumstances: proof for childcare, home care for relatives, military or civil service, etc., in case of interruptions; proof of employment at a university.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2018.