LabexMER proposes new international fellowships programme for young scientists in Marine Sciences. In order to be eligible, applicants must have received their doctoral degree within the past 3 years at the closing date of the call.
LabexMER aims to increase knowledge and promote technological innovation and training in priority fields that require a cross-thematic approach.
It federates about 700 researchers from 12 research units of Western French universities and institutions: Université de Bretagne occidentale (UBO), Université de Bretagne-Sud (UBS), Université de Nantes, Ifremer, CNRS, IRD and École centrale Nantes.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for the postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships allow young scientists to propose their own research project in marine sciences (within the LabexMER research axes) to be carried out in one or several LabexMER laboratories.
- Scholarship Award: The postdoctoral appointment is for a period of two years. Recipients of the awards will receive a net salary of about 2200€ per month. In addition, support is available for travel expenses, equipment, and supplies. Work contract will include national health and dental insurance, as well as retirement and unemployment benefits.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: International young scientists
- Scholarship can be taken in the France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International young scientists can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible, applicants must have received their doctoral degree within the past 3 years at the closing date of the call. This condition of 3 years maximum after the thesis is considered either from the defense date or the graduation date (most advantageous case) and can be extended in special cases (maternity, illness …). Applicants showing more than 3 years after thesis (maximum 3 years + 6 months) will be considered if they can provide a support letter from one .
- English Language Requirements: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit an original research project relevant to one or more of LabexMER’s scientific priorities, and propose collaboration with a local researcher (s). The local researcher in charge of the reception must be a member of one, and provide the candidate with the means he needs to carry out his project (office, data, access to laboratory equipment, etc.). Candidates are strongly encouraged to contact one or more Labex researchers potentially interested in their project before submitting their application.