The MasterCard Foundation Microfinance Scholars Program in collaboration with the School of African Microfinance invites applicants to apply for SAM Scholarships in Africa. These scholarships are available in the field of Finance.
The aim of the scholarships is to give opportunities to outstanding individuals active in financial inclusion to attend SAM 2017.
SAM, a two-week executive training program, specializes in building high-performance microfinance institutions and accelerating access to financial services.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue a two-week executive training programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the field of finance.
Scholarship Award: The total amount for tuition, food and full-board accommodation for SAM 2017 is the US $4,950. Participants are responsible for their own travel costs and any incidental expenses.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Be in management and/or leadership levels in microfinance institutions or banks with more than seven years industry experience.
- Microfinance Consultants who have in the past provided implementation support financial institutions and are keen to increase their overall technical skills base.
- Individuals from the financial institutions that apply different models in their service delivery e.g. savings and credit cooperatives.
- Past scholars are not eligible to apply
Nationality: International applicants can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be from the financial institutions.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Interested and eligible individuals should send their Curriculum Vitae and duly completed SAM Application Form to scholarships-at-samtraining.org with a copy to evelyne-at-samtraining.org.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 15, 2017.