Australian Government is offering Australia awards scholarships for Bangladeshi students. Scholarships are awarded to pursue masters programme for June 2017 intake.
The Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Government that aim to contribute to the long-term development needs of Australia’s partner countries, in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
Australia’s international development assistance to Bangladesh is focused on education and building economic resilience among the poorest and most marginalised communities. In both areas, gender equality is prioritised by focusing on empowering women and girls.
An IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 (or TOEFL paper-based test score of at least 580, or computer-based score of at least 237 or an internet-based score of at least 92) (or equivalent PTE score).
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing masters programme.
Study Subject: For the June 2017 Intake, only Masters-level study in the following fields will be supported:
- Innovation, Physical and Biological Sciences, and Engineering
- Urban Planning and Transport Management (including Traffic Control)
- Fine Arts (limited to fashion, film, screen and animation, and music)
- Cultural Heritage and Preservation (for example, Master of Heritage Conservation)
Scholarship Award: Scholarship recipients will generally receive the following
- Return air travel
- A one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- Full tuition fees
- Contribution to living expenses
- Introductory academic program
- Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the Scholarship
- Supplementary academic support and
- Fieldwork allowance – for research students and masters
- by course work which has a compulsory fieldwork component.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the scholarship (June 2017)
- Be a citizen of Bangladesh and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from Bangladesh
- Not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application selection or mobilisation phases
- Not be currently serving military personnel
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- Not be applying for another long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia
- Have at least two years’ full-time work experience in a relevant field
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements (including portfolio requires) of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken. This means applicants must have completed a tertiary level qualification at least equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector (Subclass 500) visa.
Nationality: Citizen of Bangladesh can apply for masters scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: All applicants must have completed a tertiary level qualification at least equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree. Please note that Bachelor’s degrees obtained from private universities in Bangladesh are generally not considered equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree. Applicants should check with their proposed Australian institution whether their Bangladesh qualification is considered equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: An IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 (or TOEFL paper-based test score of at least 580, or computer-based score of at least 237 or an internet-based score of at least 92) (or equivalent PTE score). Scores must be valid on 1 June 2017 and must be submitted with the application.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 18 November 2016.