The Science Mathematics Foundation of Paris is delighted to offer Math in Paris Fellowships to pursue master degree programme. The fellowship is available to foreign nationals.
The selected prize winners thus integrate the masters of mathematical sciences or theoretical computer science of the universities of the network of the FSMP. They benefit from a range of teaching methods unique in the world, based on all the skills of the Paris research laboratories in mathematical sciences.
The Paris Mathematical Sciences Foundation (FSMP) is a thematic network for advanced research in mathematics and theoretical computer science in Paris, founded by the CNRS, the ENS, the Pierre and Marie Curie University, the University Paris-Diderot and 4 Chairs of Mathematics of the Collège de France. The partners are Inria, the universities Paris-Dauphine, Paris-Descartes, Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris-Nord, and IdEx PSL (teams of the Ecole des Mines, Observatoire de Paris and EHESS).
- Application Deadline: May 10, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The winners will receive a scholarship in the amount of 1100 € / month maximum: 600 / month + a flat-rate supplement of 500 € for housing assistance only on presentation of proof).The Science Mathematics Foundation of Paris also pays their social security cover to the student scheme and their university registration fees.
For students of foreign nationality, the Foundation reserves a room at the CROUS de Paris and reimburses them the price of a return ticket per year from their country of origin to Paris (on the basis of an economic rate only)The winners selected for an M2 benefit from 10 months of scholarship or 12 months if they pursue doctoral studies in France.
The winners selected for an M1 receive a scholarship of 12 months in the first year and 10 months or 12 months in the second year if they pursue a doctorate in France.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers of scholarships are not given.
- Nationality: International applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Only candidates eligible for student social security are eligible for the program because of the age limit imposed.
For example, in the case of current calls for tenders (beginning of the academic year 2018-2019), only candidates born after September 1, 1991 are eligible to receive an M2 grant ( or 1 September 1992 for a two-year scholarship: M1 + M2).
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Documents to be attached to the application
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Certificates and diplomas Bachelor / Master
- Letter (s) of recommendation (s)
Do not forget to mention in the application form (step 4) the email address of the professors who wish to recommend you.
They will receive an automatic email allowing them to upload their letter.