Each year, Maulana Azad Education Foundation awards national scholarship scheme for girl students belonging to Minorities (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis). The scholarship is given to students passing Xth exam and taking admission in XIth in the year when the result of Xth exam is declared.
The objective of the scholarship is to recognize, promote and assist meritorious Girl students belonging to National Minorities who cannot continue their education without financial support.
The Foundation is a voluntary, non-political, non-profit making social service organization, established to promote education amongst educationally backward sections of the Society. It is fully funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India.
Course Level: The scholarship is given to students passing Xth exam and taking admission in XIth in the year when the result of Xth exam is declared.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study any subject offered by School/College.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College Fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipment required for the course and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Only Girl Students belonging to National Minorities,(i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Parsis) can apply
- Should have secured not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the secondary school certificate examination (Class Xth) conducted by any recognized Centre/State Board of Secondary Education. The List of 33 recognized Boards/Councils is given in Annexure-III. This is only qualifying percentage for applying and does not guarantee grant of scholarship which is given to the top eligible applicant based on the quota fixed for the concerned state from amongst the eligible application received from the state.
- Family income of the student from all sources should be less than Rs. 1,00,000/-(Rupees one lakh only) in the preceding financial year: In the case of salaried class, the student must indicate the designation, pay scale, basic pay and other allowances along with total gross & take home emoluments of the parent/guardian. A mere statement saying “Service” will not be acceptable. The student must attach a Salary Certificate or Pension Certificate (in the case of retired persons), duly authenticated by controlling authority, of her parent/guardian along with the application. In the case of agriculture/horticulture etc., the students have to mention total land holding with details of irrigated and non-irrigated and other landed property owned by her family along with total income of the family. These details will also be mentioned in the affidavit of the parent/guardian (Annexure-II) as well as in the certificate from Revenue authority. In the case of business class, the student must categorically state the name & type of the business along with the total turnover and the total income of the family. The same details will also be stated in the Affidavit (Annexure-II) from her parent/ guardian. Income from all other sources must also be mentioned, especially if the mother is also employed. It must be noted that all income certificate and statements made by the students in the application are subject to further verification of Maulana Azad Education Foundation. In the case of any deliberate discrepancy/concealment of facts, the MAEF may cancel/recover the scholarship granted/released as well as initiate necessary action as per law. The income certificate/affidavit (Annexure-II) must be from the parents/guardian’s side and should have been issued from the respective home station. The income certificate issued or affidavit made from the place where the student is studying, as against the home station, will NOT be acceptable (in the case of a photocopy, it should be attested by Gazetted Officer or Head of Institution).
- Should have Confirmed admission in class-XI. Admission Slip issued by the college/ school where the student is presently studying and verification of the principal (Annexure-I), in the prescribed proforma must be sent with the application.
- The University/College/ Institute offering admission should be recognized by the Government at the Central or State level or any other competent authority.
- It is one-time scholarship, and no claim as permanent beneficiary will be entertained. A student once selected for the scholarship can not avail the same again.
- A student getting a scholarship from any other source would not be eligible for this Scholarship.
Nationality: Indian students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should have secured not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the secondary school certificate examination (Class Xth) conducted by any recognized Centre/State Board of Secondary Education.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. It has been observed that many students commit a mistake in the following application form, which causes difficulty for both the applicant as well as the office of the foundation. Therefore following instructions must be followed while filling the application form.
- The full name should be written in English (block letters).
- A complete address like House No., street No., Block, District, State and Pin No must be mentioned.
- Phone No. /mobile No. of parents/Guardian should also be mentioned in the concerned column.
- If available Email address should also be provided.
- A copy of bank passbook/Aadhaar card should also be enclosed to make it convenient to collect any informal easily.
Application Deadline: Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 30th September.