Applicants are invited to apply for MBL Logan Science Journalism Fellowship Program. These fellowships are available for the applicants from all over the world.
The aim of the fellowship is to provide support to journalists.
The Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) is an international centre for research and education in biological and environmental science.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue the research programme.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in basic biomedical and environmental research.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the following:
- Financial support for fellows includes the cost of the laboratory course (including additional weeks spent in Woods Hole or Chicago), tuition, housing, meals, and transportation to and from Woods Hole and/or Chicago. Fellows from other countries will be partly responsible for paying fellowships taxes for foreign nationals.
Numbers of Scholarships: A limited number of fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be professional science journalists, writers, editors, or producers with at least three years experience. Preference will be given to print, online or broadcast journalists with staff positions, although freelancers will be considered.
- Staff seniority is not a criterion. A basic knowledge of biological principles and methods is advantageous but is not essential.
- Journalists who previously participated in the Biomedical Hands-On Research Course are eligible to apply for the Environmental Hands-On Research Course. Journalists who previously participated in the Environmental Hands-On Research Course are eligible to apply for the Biomedical Hands-On Research Course.
- Applications from minority group members are strongly encouraged.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be professional science journalists, writers, editors, or producers with at least three years experience.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 1, 2018. Application materials to be posted by December. 31, 2017.