The Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) is inviting applications for Vanuatu Government Scholarships to pursue the undergraduate degree as well as the postgraduate degree program. The NSTB is responsible for undertaking a fair, transparent and merit based selection of candidates for the award of scholarships.
Vanuatu Government Scholarships provide the key means for the Government to build the human resources the nation needs in order to achieve our development goals across our Society, Environment, and Economy pillars. As such all scholarships awarded must be directly linked to the Vanuatu Government Scholarship Priority Framework.
The Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) is the largest service deliverer and employer in Vanuatu. Our vision is for a caring education system which provides every young person with the lifelong skills, values, and confidence to be self-reliant.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate as well as the postgraduate program. The eligibility criteria for applicants wishing to undertake postgraduate study is divided into two sections: Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/Masters and PhD.
Study Subject: Vanuatu Government Scholarships provide the key means for the Government to build the human resources the nation needs in order to achieve our development goals across our Society, Environment, and Economy pillars. As such all scholarships awarded must be directly linked to the Vanuatu Government Scholarship Priority Framework.
Please make sure you have carefully read the Scholarship Priority Framework.
Aviation-related Training in 2018
The Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) is currently in the process of working with the Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu (CAAV) and other aviation-related sector partners to develop a long term sustainable strategy to meet aviation sector workforce needs in Vanuatu. This strategy will be completed in 2018 for implementation in 2019. For this reason, no applications for pilot or aircraft engineering training will be taken in this application round.
Scholarship Award: Vanuatu Government scholarships will make a contribution to research expenses for awardees enrolled in research based Postgraduate programs (i.e. Master’s; PhD). It should be noted that this is a contribution only, and additional funding for research expenses must be sought from other sources, including any academic faculty budget. The following research expenses may be claimed for:
1) Master’s thesis: A maximum of VT 50,000 may be claimed for research expenses only.
2) PhD thesis: A maximum of VT100, 000 per year of the award (maximum of three years full-time enrolment), up to a maximum of VT300, 000 can be claimed for research expenses only. An estimated budget must be provided with all research degree applications.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Vanuatu Government Scholarships provide funding to study at regional institutions. This excludes New Zealand and Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- All those who wish to be considered for a 2018 Vanuatu Government Scholarship must REGISTER online
- This includes those who are Current Yr12 (Australia)/Yr13/ Baccalauréat students studying in any other country (e.g. Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Kiribati, New Zealand, New Caledonia) who wish to be considered for a Vanuatu Government Scholarship in 2018.
- After you have registered you will be guided to all the other information you must provide for your application. The application information you need to submit will differ depending on the category you fall under.
- No paper based applications will be accepted
To be considered for a scholarship all applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Vanuatu;
- Be studying in an area identified as a priority in the Scholarship Priority Framework1; and
- Not have a criminal record, or court case pending at the time of application.
The Vanuatu Government Scholarship Postgraduate Study Eligibility Criteria 2018 supports:
- High performing undergraduates who are recommended by their institutions as having the capacity to successfully proceed directly to a postgraduate study program; and
- Those in the workforce who demonstrates, or has the potential to demonstrate, leadership expertise within their workplace/sectors.
Nationality: Citizen of Vanuatu is eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
How to Apply: In order to be considered applicants first need to be registered online. This Registration Form is completed by all those who wish to be considered for a 2018 Vanuatu Government Scholarship.
The documents you need to upload in support of your application vary. The range of documents you may need includes:
- Official academic transcript/results. Note: if you are a Year 13/DAEU/ Baccalauréat student in 2017 we will have your 2017 results sent directly to us.
- My Program Requirements (for those enrolled in USP).
- Outline of research intent (Master and PhD Research only). See Postgraduate Study for more details.
- Letter of support from employer (Director-General, Chief Executive, Principal) (if applicable)
- Applicants who come under the authority of the Public Service Commission (PSC); Teaching Service Commission (TSC); or Police Service Commission, must meet all Commission requirements. This includes PSC Form 5-2 Training Approval form, and approval from Head of Department, and the Teaching Service Commission/Police Service Commission.
- Those wishing to have their application considered under the Provincial Skills Development category must have a letter of support from their Province Secretary-General. See Provincial Skills Development for more details.
- Note: Copies of Birth Certificate and Passport are only required if you are shortlisted for a scholarship. If you are shortlisted and are to study at an overseas institution, your passport must have at least six (6) months before its expiry date.
- Please attach only those documents as requested on the online form
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 4, 2017.