The new MOE Postgraduate Scholarship/Award (PGS/PGA) is now available for Singaporean Students to study at local and overseas universities. These scholarships and awards are tenable for postgraduate studies overseas or locally by coursework or research in education-related areas, commencing in the Year 2019.
The aim of the MOE PGS/PGA is to provide sponsorship for professional development in postgraduate studies to outstanding EOs in the 3 career tracks – Leadership, Senior Specialist and Teaching, and to build professional expertise in areas of need.
- Application Deadline: January 12, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme. Senior Specialists may apply to pursue Ph.D. studies in relevant specialized areas. Master Teachers (MTT)/ Principal Master Teachers (PMTT) with minimally 4 years of MTT experience may also apply to pursue a Doctorate in Education (EdD) in subject-specific areas or curriculum and teaching, to strengthen their capacity to drive pedagogical excellence
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in education-related areas, commencing in the Year 2019.
- Scholarship Award: PGS: Full salary, Full tuition and other approved fees, Book allowance, Maintenance allowance (for overseas studies only), Return economy air passage for the scholar and his/her spouse, where applicable (for overseas studies only).
- PGA: Half salary, Full tuition and other approved fees, Book allowance
- Nationality: Singaporean citizens
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Singapore and Overseas
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Singaporean citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To apply for the PGS/PGA, the applicant must:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or a Permanent Resident (PR) with intention to take up a Singapore Citizenship1 ;
- Have an undergraduate degree;
- Have at least 5 years of trained working experience in the education field as at 31 Dec 2018;
- Have demonstrated good conduct;
- Have at least one ‘B’ endorsed performance grade within the last 3 years, and demonstrated potential to take on higher responsibilities and/or leadership positions; and
- Have fulfilled the minimum service requirement for in-service milestone programmes or other professional development activities attended2, if any, before the commencement of their studies.
How to Apply: You will need the following information to fill in the form:
- Education transcripts and certificates
- Certificates of employment
- Prospectus of proposed course(s) of study
The form is to be submitted in softcopy to MOE_TMU-at-moe.gov.sg latest by 12 January 2018 (Friday). Late or incomplete applications will strictly not be considered.