The Weizmann Institute of Science is currently accepting applications for the Morá Miriam Rozen Gerber postdoctoral fellowship. This is a fully funded fellowship is open to qualified Brazilian students.
The Weizmann Institute of Science is one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary basic research institutions in the natural and exact sciences. The Weizmann Institute has a long history of investigation and discovery rooted in a mission of advancing science for the benefit of humanity. In parallel, it educates a substantial proportion of Israel’s scientific leadership and advances science literacy in schools and among the public.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the institute.
- Scholarship Award: An annual sum of $30,000, paid through the WIS.
- Nationality: Brazilian students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Israel
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Brazilian students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Brazilian citizenship or residency
- Proven academic excellence
- PhD thesis approved or submitted
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Eligible Brazilian postdoctoral fellows or PhD students whose degree is about to be approved soon, then please suggest to them to encourage their students to take advantage of this opportunity and apply for the fellowship as follows:
Apply to a postdoctoral status at the WIS through the FGS online application service
Send an e-mail of request for a username and password to calls.fgs-at-weizmann.ac.il
Apply for the Morá Miriam Rozen Gerber fellowship through the FGS online CALLs system
1. An updated CV and list of publications.
2. Certificate of PhD approval or thesis submission.
3. A research plan (up to 2 pages).
4. Two letters of recommendation (one of which must be from the PhD advisor).
5. A letter of commitment by the potential WIS host.