The Blavatnik School of Government is offering two graduate scholarships for the students of China and Hongkong to pursue graduate degree programme. The scholarships provide in full for University tuition fees, college fees and a maintenance grant for living expenses.
The aim of the Scholarships is to provide financial support for students of exceptional academic merit wishing to make a commitment to public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of Mainland China, whether through a career in government, media.
The Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) is a global school pursuing a vision of a world better led, a world better served and the world better governed. BSG (Blavatnik School of Government) is one of the newest and most vibrant departments of the University of Oxford. The Blavatnik School of Government deliver transformative teaching programmes that combine deep expertise with analytical thinking and practical skills.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the graduate degree.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the subjects offered by the University.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships provide in full for University tuition fees, college fees and a maintenance grant for living expense.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarships:
- Be a Chinese National (Hong Kong permanent resident) or Chinese National (Mainland resident);
- Have exceptional academic merit and/or potential and have been offered a place to study the Master of Public Policy programme at the Blavatnik School of Government (“BSG”) at the University of Oxford;
- Demonstrate a commitment to public service for the benefit of the Hong Kong community and/or betterment of China, and the intention to use his or her studies at the University of Oxford to further that commitment.
Nationality: Applicants from Hong Kong and China can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have exceptional academic merit and/or potential and have been offered a place to study the Master of Public Policy programme at the Blavatnik School of Government (“BSG”) at the University of Oxford;
English Language Requirement: Evidence of proficiency in the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Academic transcripts;
- Proof of your need for financial support, justifying why you should be awarded a scholarship, including:
- Statement of your financial circumstances. It should include source(s) of income and amount(s) of your family’s available funds (e.g. income and savings) that are available to contribute towards the cost of your studies. Certificate and/or proof of income issued by their current employers should be included. Family members include both parents and spouse. Latest available Hong Kong Inland Revenue tax return, Mainland Chinese annual tax return and tax return from any other countries. If no tax returns are available, please confirm that there are none and explain why not;
- Application to other scholarships for MPP;
- Any other source(s) of funds available to contribute towards the cost of your studies; and
- Any other documents that support your financial status and that of your family are.
- Records of public services and community activities. It should include the nature, duration and average hours of your work. Describe a recent satisfying public service and/ or community activity. Major obstacles and challenges you have managed during the public services and/ or community activities can also be included.
- Statement of purpose (800 to 1,000 words) to explain how your study at Oxford will (further) prepare you for a career in public service. A general guidance of the statement include positions and work you hope to reach and achieve in five years after your study. In terms of public service, it should cover the problems and needs of the society that you would like to address. Please explain your intentions and plan to address those problems and needs. It should include major obstacles and challenges expected. Please also state your approximate planned time of return to Hong Kong/ Mainland China. Explain how your study at Oxford will enhance your contribution to the Hong Kong community and/or the betterment of Mainland China. Your motivation, long-term goals and visions should also be included. This statement is a very important part of your application, it is an opportunity for you to tell the Selection Committee who you are.
- Reference letters from one academic referrer, one work referrer and (if applicable) one community activity referrer. Please ask your referrers to email their reference letters directly to scholarships-at-kwokscholars.org, using their institution’s email address; – Notes to Referrers
- Please complete the Declaration Form and Documents Checklist.
- Please let us know if you wish to be considered for additional financial support for travel to/from the UK.
- Please ensure that your Scholarship Application Form, all the supporting materials and reference letters from referrers are received by us no later than 18.00 on Friday 31st March 2017 (China Standard Time). Kindly limit the size of your email with attachments to 10mb. You may send multiple emails if necessary. Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will not be considered. We reserve the right to request further information and/or the production of original documents at interview.
- Please inform us if there is any change in your financial status and that of your family’s during the course of application. This should include the status of other scholarships.
- It is anticipated that successful applicants will be notified of the Scholarship selection committee’s decision by May 2017. The decision of the committee shall be final and there is no appeal mechanism.
Application Deadline: The scholarship deadline is March, 31, 2017.