The University of Amsterdam (UvA) is inviting applications for Mr. Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund to pursue Master (LLM) programme. The Faculty of Law – Amsterdam Law School – aims to attract talented students to its LLM programmes.
This scholarship is meant for exceptionally talented and motivated students, from within and without the EU, who wish to pursue an LLM at the Amsterdam Law School.
The Amsterdam Business School (ABS) is part of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) established in 1632 and currently one of the largest comprehensive universities in Europe. The ABS is one of two Schools within the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB). Initiatives by the FEB to establish a separate business school were started in 2001, and the formal launch of the ABS took place in 2003.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Master (LLM) programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Law.
Scholarship Award: One Mr. Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund scholarship will be awarded every academic year. If the scholarship recipient is a non-EU citizen, the scholarship grant covers approximately €15.000 for non-EU tuition fees and €10.000 for living expenses. If the scholarship is awarded to an EU citizen, the scholarship will be €12.000, covering €2000 for the tuition fee and €10.000 for living expenses.
Number of Scholarships: One Mr. Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund scholarship will be awarded every academic year.
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility: All applicants for the Mr. Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund scholarship will be subject to strict selection criteria. These criteria are as follows:
- Excellent grades during the undergraduate programme: students must belong to the top 10% of their class, with a GPA of at least 8 (on a scale from 1-10). Students must provide proof by submitting a formal statement from the dean and examinations board.
- The academic quality of the university where the undergraduate degree was obtained will be taken into account.
- The candidates must place their motivation for the specific Master’s programme in context and explain the relevance of this choice for their future career (academic or professional) in a letter of motivation (max. 500 words).
- Talent for academic research will be proven by means of a letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic (thesis) supervisor, and a telephone interview (if needed).
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate participation in certain extracurricular activities such as university/student committees, experience abroad, sports, or music at a high level, or voluntary experience.
- Candidates must not be eligible for financial support from the Dutch government (study financing).
- Overall quality of the application.
Nationality: EU as well Non-EU citizens are eligible to apply for this programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Excellent grades during the undergraduate programme: students must belong to the top 10% of their class, with a GPA of at least 8 (on a scale from 1-10).
- English Language Requirements: Proof of English proficiency:
|TOEFL (paper-based)||overall score of 600, with a Test of Written English score of 5.5|
|TOEFL (computer-based)||overall score of 250, with Test of Written English score of 5.5|
|TOEFL (internet-based)||overall score of 100|
|IELTS (academic)||overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components)|
|Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)||grade A|
|Cambridge Certificate for Proficiency in English (CPE)||grade C|
Exceptions will be made for students who have English as their native language and completed a university degree in English (in either the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand).
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is January 15, 2018 — please note, this is earlier than the 1 April deadline for general admission.