Every year the Delft University of Technology offers four Excellence Scholarships for Sub-Saharan African Students. These scholarships provide a full fee waiver for a TU Delft MSc programme and living expenses for 2 years.
University’s aim is to stimulate excellent students from Sub-Saharan countries and strengthen their relationship with the countries they come from.
The Delft University of Technology also known as TU Delft is the largest and oldest Dutch public technological university, located in Delft, Netherlands. With eight faculties and numerous research institutes, hosts over 19,000 students (undergraduate and postgraduate), more than 3,300 scientists, and more than 2,200 support and management staff.
- Application deadline: February 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the fields of MSc programme.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the followings:
- Full fee waiver for a TU Delft MSc programme and living expenses for 2 years.
- Membership to the Scholarship Club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.
- An MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be an ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African
- Number of Scholarships: Four scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students of Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe can apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Admitted to one of TU Delft’s MSc programmes with an accumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in your bachelor’s degree;
- A degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned countries.
- English Language Requirements: Proof of English language proficiency
- A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with an overall Band score of at least 90 and a minimum score of 21 for each section. Please note that we only accept the TOEFL internet-based test.
- An IELTS (academic version) with an overall Band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- Proof that you have passed the Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)exam, the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) exam or the Cambridge English: Business Higher (BEC Higher) exam
How to Apply:
- To be considered for these scholarships, complete application for an MSc programme must be uploaded.
- In addition to all the regular documents for an MSc programme application, the student must also upload an Application Form for a Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarship, in which they make clear why they are applying for the scholarship.
- Only students meeting this deadline and who have been (conditionally) admitted to one of the MSc programmes of TU Delft will be considered for these scholarships.