Applications are invited for NDDC Foreign Scholarship Program available for Nigerian students. Scholarships are awarded for postgraduate programme at a recognized university abroad.
Applicants must have a first degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD programme from a recognized University.
NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided in the following professional disciplines: Agricultural Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geosciences, Information Technology, Law, Management Sciences and Medicine.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate (master and PhD) degree at a recognized university abroad.
Scholarship can be taken in Abroad
Eligibility: Applicants must have:-
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.
Nationality: Students of Nigeria can apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply: Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
- N.Y.S.C Discharge Certificate
- Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
- For further enquiries please contact: Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC) .
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 27, 2017.