Applications are invited for research fellowship for a postdoctoral fellowship in Microbiology. Portuguese applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The research aim is to develop methods for the non-invasive detection of bacterial infections.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing research.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Microbiology.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship offers 1495€ (plus national social security) to the applicants.
Scholarship can be taken in Portugal
Eligibility: The researcher is expected to:
- Manipulate microbial cell cultures, in particular, multi drug resistant strains
- Perform metabolomic analysis
- Master common microbiological, biochemical, and molecular biology protocols
- Have knowledge on analytical techniques as MS, GC-MS.
- Liaise with external collaborators both in Portugal and abroad and visit collaborators’ labs to perform shared experiments
- Communicate with Hospitals and Clinics
- Write and contribute to the preparation of scientific manuscripts, reports, presentations and records of experimental plans and results
- Supervise and provide technical advice to more junior members of the team when appropriate.
Nationality: Portuguese applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
How to Apply: Please send your application by email to cecilia.roque-at-fct.unl.pt as a single pdf file (subject of email: BI/02-2016/PD-SCENT) with the following information:
- i) Motivation letter
- ii) Detailed Curriculum vitae (including email address and telephone contact)
iii) Certificates of academic degrees with the final classification
- iv) Two updated reference letters OR contacts for 2 referees (at least)
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is 6th November 2016.