The National Institute of Education (NIE) has established the NIE Overseas Graduate Scholarship for Singaporean students. The scholarship is awarded to excellent students to apply for doctoral studies.
The NIE Overseas Graduate Scholarship will sponsor outstanding candidates to pursue full-time doctoral studies overseas. Upon completion of their doctoral studies, candidates will return to serve as educators and academicians in NIE
The National Institute of Education (NIE) is an autonomous Institute of Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. Ranked 10th in the world and 2nd in Asia by the QS World University Rankings in the subject of Education in 2015.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue doctoral studies.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of Judicious Assessment for Learning.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Two sets of economy class air tickets (one at commencement and completion of the doctoral study, and one to return to Singapore for data collection for the doctoral thesis);
- Overseas maintenance allowance;
- Settling-in allowance (at the commencement of the doctoral study);
- Thesis allowance (upon completion of doctoral study);
- Tuition and other compulsory fees; and
- Conference and fieldwork grants (by application)
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Overseas
- Be Singapore Citizens;
- Have excellent academic records with very good Honours or Master degrees (or professional qualifications of equivalent standing), with relevant teaching and some research experience;
- Preferably be below 30 years old; and
- Have a passion for pursuing a challenging career in academia
Nationality: Singaporean applicants can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have Honors or Master’s degrees.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Curriculum Vitae (which should include academic qualifications, employment history, scholarships & awards and a brief description of your research experience);
- A succinct write-up (2 pages) on the research topic which you intend to pursue;
- A succinct write-up (4 pages) on your commitment and interest in the area of study applied for and the expected contribution to NIE, schools and the Singapore education system;
- All relevant educational certificates including GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ level certificates, polytechnic diploma, university transcript and degree scroll;
- Letters for scholarships, prizes, other awards, memberships in academic & professional societies; and
- National Registration Identity Card
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 4, 2017.