New Materials Institute (NMI), jointly supported by the University of Nottingham and the Ningbo Government in China offers PhD Scholarships for the applicants from all over the world. These scholarships are available to conduct postgraduate research on the basis of competition.
The aim of the scholarships is to enable applicants to embark on an independent career in academic stroke research.
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an overseas campus of the University of Nottingham, situated in the city of Ningbo in the coastal province of Zhejiang, near Shanghai, China.
- Application deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded to the following research projects:
1. Polymer Composites Material
2. New Energy & Environmental Materials
3. Granular Materials and Geotechnology
- Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
On-campus accommodation for PhD candidate only (accommodation type is based on availability, NMI also offers off-campus accommodation)
Monthly stipend (RMB 3,500)
Medical insurance with designate providers
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have first-class honour undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university or the equivalent from other institutions
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area. Please be advised that IELTS 6.5 ( minimum 6.0 in any element) or its equivalent is required for FOSE Faculty scholarship.
- Please email scanned copies of the following documents. All documents must be in English except the copy of Chinese national ID. If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of the following document (except for English language score) is incomplete and will not be considered.
How to Apply:
- A completed application form
- A research proposal
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp)
- English language test score (IELTS/ PTE academic) (not required for native English speakers)
- Two references (must be emailed directly by the referees)
- A copy of ID or passport (both sides of an ID card required)
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application