The National Research Foundation (NRF) is looking for the excellent applicants for its International Collaborative Research Fellowship. The fellowship is available for the applicants of commonwealth nation to do research in Singapore in two areas, i.e. oceans and sustainable cities.
Up to ten Post-doctoral Fellowships will be awarded. Each of the Fellowship carries an award of S$250,000, inclusive of 20% overheads, to support the salary of the awardee over a duration of three years. There will be an open call for applications and the shortlisting is done by eligible host institutions.
The National Research Foundation (NRF) is tasked to coordinate the research of different agencies within the larger national framework in order to provide a coherent strategic overview and direction.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue post-doctoral research.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Tenure-track academic career.
Scholarship Award: Each of the Fellowship carries an award of S$250,000, inclusive of 20% overheads, to support the salary of the awardee over a duration of three years.
Number of Scholarships: Up to ten Postdoctoral Fellowships will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applications are invited from outstanding individuals who are interested to pursue a Tenure-track academic career and meet the following conditions:
- Is a citizen of a Commonwealth nation.
- Has aptitude and passion for teaching and research, with noted accomplishments in these two areas.
- Has been conferred a doctoral degree not more than 2 years as at 31 December of the year in which nominations are called and
- Accepted for postdoctoral training in a leading academic/research institution in Singapore.
Nationality: Applicants from Commonwealth nation are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: Applications, together with the supporting documents listed in paragraph 2 below, should be submitted to NRF through the respective host institutions.
- The following supporting documents should be submitted:
- A proposed postdoctoral training plan with details on objectives, target deliverables, period and institution of training, name(s) of collaborator/supervisor and any other relevant information.
- Applicant’s latest curriculum vitae (which should include details of any teaching experience at undergraduate and above levels of studies) and publication list.
- An abstract of the doctoral thesis. For applicants in the final stages of doctoral studies, and proposing to commence postdoctoral training immediately after completion of studies, an abstract of any thesis previously written, as well as an abstract of the doctoral thesis to be submitted for examination should be included.
- Copies of 2 or 3 pieces of research/design work that the applicant considers to be his/her most significant works.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A copy of the details results/transcripts and certificates of the following examinations:
- School and Higher School Examinations
- University degrees
- A copy of the invitation letter (or letter of offer) from the institution applied to for the proposed training program.
- A copy of the letter(s) of an offer for other fellowship(s), and/or funding applied for and the status of these applications.
- A minimum of 2 confidential referees’ reports.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2017.