National University of Singapore offers Singapore Global Merit Undergraduate scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. The NUS Scholarships are highly coveted scholarships awarded to high caliber individuals who demonstrate academic excellence, present excellent co-curricular activities records and exhibit outstanding leadership qualities.
As a world-class university, NUS offers you an exciting curriculum combining breadth and depth with a distinct global and Asian perspective, the freedom to explore across discipline and a plethora of extra-curricular and overseas study opportunities.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate degree.
Study Subject: Courses offered by the university
Scholarship Award: The NUS Global Merit Scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
- S$6,000 annual living allowance
- S$2,000 one-time computer allowance upon enrolment
- S$2,625 annual accommodation allowance if scholar is staying in a Hall of Residence, Student Residence, or Ridge View Residential College, or S$4,200 if scholar is staying in University Town
- S$7,500 Student Exchange Programme/NUS Overseas Colleges allowance per semester for non-Asian countries and Japan, and S$5,000 per semester for other Asian countries
- Guaranteed an offer of a 1-semester Student Exchange Programme (SEP) with one of NUS’ overseas partner universities
- Guaranteed offers of on-campus accommodation for the first 2 years of undergraduate studies, provided the Scholar submits a complete hostel admission application every year within the prescribed application periods, and fulfil’s NUS’s eligibility criteria for NUS on-campus accommodation.
- Eligibility to enrol in the Ridge View Residential College, University Scholar’s Programme or the University Town College Programme
- Eligibility for the NUS Scholar Enrichment Grant, which will co-fund 50% of the scholar’s participation in short local or overseas enrichment programmes (including programme fees, airfare and overseas accommodation), for up to 2 applications for the entire course of study and up to $3,000 per application
- Eligibility for free tickets to selected NUS arts performances
- Scholarship is bond-free
Eligibility: Applicants for the NUS Global Merit Scholarship must:
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have good co-curricular activities record
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level, local polytechnic diploma, International Baccalaureate diploma, NUS High School diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS, although the scholarship is not available for Yale-NUS College students and students in the Law and Liberal Arts Double Degree Programme offered by Yale-NUS College and NUS, and only limited scholarships are available for Dentistry, Medicine and Music
Nationality: The Singaporeans students can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: NUS Scholarships will open from 1 February to 19 March every year.