The National University of Singapore (NUS) is currently accepting applications for Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellowship to nationals of all countries.
It aims to promote the development of young and outstanding academics in science, medicine, and engineering.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is an autonomous research university in Singapore. Founded in 1905 as a medical college, it is the oldest institute of higher learning (IHL) in Singapore, as well as the largest university in the country in terms of student enrollment and curriculum offered. NUS is a comprehensive research university with an entrepreneurial dimension. NUS offers a wide range of disciplines, including the sciences, medicine and dentistry, design and environment, law, arts and social sciences, engineering, and music in both undergraduate and postgraduate education.
- Application Deadline: January 23, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Please click the links to view research areas in the following disciplines :
- Public Health
- Duke-NUS Medical School
- Scholarship Award: Research teams that succeed in having their candidates selected as LKY PDFs may apply for additional research funding of up to S$180,000 for consumables, equipment, conference travel and other operating expenditure needed for the research teams’ project. This additional funding is independent of the Faculty budget.
- Nationality: The scheme is open to nationals of all countries.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The scheme is open to nationals of all countries.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- New or recently graduated PhDs
- Research interests that fit the research areas as in the disciplines above
- Strong research training with at most 1 postdoctoral stint from a reputable University
- Strong motivation for an academic research career
English Language Requirements: Fluent in spoken & written English, with excellent communication skills.
How to Apply: Candidates are to send one hard copy and one soft copy of the following documents to the NUS Faculty/School you are applying to:
- Completed NUS Personal Particulars Form
- Candidate’s detailed Curriculum Vitae & Educational Certificates
- Please provide the detailed list of publications in a separate Annex. The list should include:
- Impact Factor of the journals
- Highlight the papers in which applicant was the leading author
- Candidate’s H-index (if available)
- 3 International / External Referee Reports
- Referee reports should include comments on scientific merit of candidate’s research, suitability and potential for the Fellowship
- Referee’s contact details should be included
- 2-page CV of each Referee should also be included
- Candidate’s research proposal as LKY PDF (no word limit, but entries should be succinct)