Applications are invited for Ernst Mach Grant available for the students and young researchers from any country (except Austria) for a research or to study at an Austrian University of Applied Sciences.
The OeAD advises, promotes and supports international cooperation in education, science and research. It supports strategic development and accompanying implementation measures. It analyzes international trends and develops recommendations and measures.
The OeAD is the central service point for European and international mobility and cooperation programs in education, science and research.
Course Level: Grants are available to students and young researchers for a research or a study stay in Austria.
Study Subject: Grants are awarded in the field of
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Human Medicine, Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Scholarship Award: Supplementary grant, own funds are required!
- Monthly grant rate
a) for graduates: 940 EUR
b) for graduates with a PhD degree: 1,040 EUR
- Accident and health insurance, accommodation
a) If necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
b) The OeAD-GmbH will endeavour to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants who wish to get accommodation arranged by the OeAD. Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on how much comfort the recipients of grants want). An administration fee of 18 EUR per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation.
The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the recipient of the grant.
- Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of 730 EUR maximum.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: Eligible for application are
a) Postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/PhD programme outside Austria;
b) postgraduates and post-docs wishing to pursue research in Austria with a view to an academic career and who completed their studies (at a university outside Austria) after September 30th, 2014;
c) post-docs who are working as lecturers at a university outside Austria.
(Applicants under a) have to prove that they pursue doctoral/PhD studies, applicants under c) have to prove that they are employed by a university.)
d) Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
e) Maximum age:35 years (born on or after Oct. 1st, 1980).
f) Good knowledge of German, particularly in the respective subject area, is a prerequisite. For projects to be carried out in English a good knowledge of English in the respective subject area is required.
Nationality: Students of any country (except Austria) can apply for these Ernst Mach grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be Postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/PhD programme outside Austria
English language Requirements: Applicants must have good knowledge of German, particularly in the respective subject area, is a prerequisite. For projects to be carried out in English a good knowledge of English in the respective subject area is required.
How to Apply: The scholarship will only be granted for projects that can be completed within the scholarship period (max. 9 months).
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers (for these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must not be older than six months at the time of application.)
- Consent of a lecturer at the Austrian target university to supervise the applicant academically
- Scanned copy of your passport (page with the name and photo)
- Scanned copy of your university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies
- only for PhD-students: confirmation, that proves your participation in a PHD-program at your home university!
- only for postdoc-lecturers: confirmation that proves your employment at your home university!
Application Deadline: The call for application starts in October. Deadline for the online application is March 1st for stays during the following academic year.