Learner’s Scholarship,Actuarial or Accounting
Job Description: The Old Mutual Learners’ Scholarship Programme 2010, an initiative specifically developed to identify and nurture gifted learners across South Africa who have the potential and early interest to pursue an Actuarial or Accounting career but who are not in a position to access high-quality Maths education due to financial constraints. These learners need to possess exceptional academic talent, a passion for learning and leadership potential.
Dedicated to cultivating and expanding South Africa’s talent, as well as empowering and uplifting deserving individuals and communities, the Old Mutual Learners’ Scholarship Programme offers inspired, gifted learners in grades 8 and 9 the opportunity to apply for a scholarship from grade 10 through to grade 12 at top South African Model C and Independent high schools.
The benefits of an Old Mutual Scholarship include:
* Quality Maths education, extramural activities and life skills from a top South African high school.
* Individual support, encouragement and mentorship.
* Funding for tuition and hostel fees.
* An additional allowance for travel, stationery, books, toiletries, school uniforms and clothes.
* An interactive job shadow programme at Old Mutual for learners exploring Accounting and Actuarial careers.
* The chance to apply for Old Mutual Accounting and Actuarial University bursaries after matriculating successfully with the required grades.
* The possibility of an Accounting or Actuarial career path with Old Mutual after graduation.
Scholarship application criteria
In addition to being a dedicated and gifted grade 8 or 9 learner, you must also meet the required scholarship criteria:
Old Mutual Chartered Accountant Training Programme
* You must have achieved level 5 (65% or more) in Mathematics and English
* You must be in need of financial assistance (this will be measured according to a financial means test)
* You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
* You must be a South African citizen
* You must stand out as a talented all-rounder with leadership qualities
* You must have achieved level 5 (65% or more) in Mathematics and English.
* You must be in need of financial assistance (this will be measured according to a financial means test).
* You must be from a previously disadvantaged background.
* You must be a South African citizen.
* You must stand out as a talented all-rounder with leadership qualities.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Then don’t waste any more time – apply for your scholarship now! Closing date is 30 July 2010
Further Scholarship Information and Application