Applications are invited for Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes to pursue MSc degree programme at Imperial College London, University College London and the University of Leeds for the academic year 2017 -2018. Nigerian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
For the academic year commencing September 2017, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London, University College, London and the University of Leeds—will award ten scholarships for one-year post-graduate MSc studies.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc degree programme.
Study Subject: The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions
Imperial College London
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc Petroleum Geophysics
University College London
- MSc Chemical/Process Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy)
- MSc Civil Engineering (Geotechnics)
University of Leeds
- MSc Exploration Geophysics
- MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2017 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2017
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified)
- Currently, reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2018
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria.
Nationality: Nigerian applicants from Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours degree).
English language Requirements: Students must meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2017 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
How to Apply: Submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the qualifying courses
- Application forms for the scholarship will only be available through the websites of the participating universities following an offer of admission by the university
- Universities will process applications and select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than 30th January 2017.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is January 30, 2017.