The Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS) program is an important initiative to attract top international students to Ontario for Ph.D. studies. Students interested in the Ontario Trillium Scholarships are encouraged to contact the University. The scholarship is open to international applicants.
The University of Windsor is a public comprehensive and research university in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada’s southernmost university.
Value and Duration
• $40,000 per year renewable for up to 4 years.
• Eligible start dates are May 1, 2017 or September 1, 2017.
To Be Eligible for Nomination by the Graduate Chair, an applicant must:
• Be an international student.
• Undertake full-time Ph.D. studies at the start of either Summer Term 2017 or Fall Term 2017.
• Not have previously been registered or not currently be registered at an Ontario university at the undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral or professional level.
• Have exceptional research experience and potential combined with an outstanding university academic record.
To Be Eligible to Hold the Award, the recipient must:
• Have received a valid temporary resident visa as a member of the student class under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the start date of the Ph.D. program
• Be present and registered full-time in the Ph.D. program by the start date of the award and for its full duration.
• Not have concurrently accepted a scholarship or fellowship from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), or the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), or be in receipt of an Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) or Queen Elizabeth II – Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) award.
• Maintain satisfactory progress in the program which will be verified by the recipient’s completion of an annual progress report in conjunction with his/her supervisor.
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language. Candidate has performed at a first-class level over the two most recent years of full-time study. One for each of the last two years of full-time study. Each average must be equivalent to at least 80%.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
• Complete and submit an Online Application for admission.
• Submit a letter of academic intent and official transcripts.
• Submit official copies of your letters of recommendations.
• Submit a list of your research contributions.
• Submit a list of your scholarships and awards.
• Submit a research plan of studies (maximum 2 pages double spaced).
• Submit a CV.
Contact: Jerald Lalman (email:lalman-at-uwindsor.ca)
University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada