The Petro Jacyk Education Foundation and the Centre for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies (CERES) at University of Toronto is pleased to offer its Postdoctoral Fellowship in Ukrainian Politics, Culture, and Society for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The objective of the Post-Doctoral Fellowship is to support annually one of the most promising junior scholars studying contemporary Ukraine and thereby to advance academic understanding of Ukrainian politics, culture, and society.
The Munk School of Global Affairs (also referred to as the Munk School) at the University of Toronto is an interdisciplinary academic centre with various research and educational programs committed to the field of globalization. It offers master’s degrees in Global Affairs, European, Russian, and Asia-Pacific studies.
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to advance academic understanding of Ukrainian politics, culture, and society.
- Scholarship Award: The Fellowship holder will receive approximately CAD $41,500, which includes payment for teaching a semester-long course, and separately an allowance of up to CAD $2,500 for travel expenses to Ukraine for research purposes.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the fellowship
- Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowships are not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for the fellowship
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be a junior scholar in the social sciences and humanities with a research and teaching focus on contemporary Ukraine.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- Applications with all required attachments should be received by February 1, 2018. The application form can be downloaded from the link given below.
- Please send applications by email to the Foundation And the Petro Jacyk Program for the Study of Ukraine at the University of Toronto.
- Three letters of recommendation should be e-mailed directly to both email addresses either by the referees or by confidential graduate dossier services.
- Emailed letters will be treated as confidential.
- Please make sure that you receive an acknowledgement of your application’s receipt by email. In exceptional circumstances (when emailing is not possible), application and letters can be sent by express mail to the address indicated below (please call to confirm delivery).