Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR) at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen is offering PhD Fellowship in Cell Signaling.
The University of Copenhagen (UCPH) is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution of higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University (1477).
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Cell Signaling.
Scholarship Award: The duration of the positions is 3 years. It is conditioned upon the candidates’ successful enrollment in the PhD programme. This requires submission and acceptance of an application for the specific project formulated by the candidate. The PhD study must be completed in accordance with The Ministerial Order on the PhD programme (2013) and the University’s rules on achieving the degree. Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State. Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around 26,000 DKK (ca. 3.450 EUR) plus 17% pension.
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The candidate is required to have an M.Sc. or equivalent degree in natural or medical science.
- Excellent academic track record.
- Prior experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell culture techniques is required.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following area(s) would be considered an advantage: cell signaling, chromatin biology, bioinformatic analysis of biological dataset, or experience in mass spectrometry-based proteomics.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- An analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific and technical solutions.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a M.Sc. or equivalent degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Your application must be submitted electronically by clicking ‘Apply now’ or via http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/. Your application should include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae, incl. educational qualifications, experience, publications (if any), language skills and other skills relevant for the position
- A certified/signed copy of Master of Science certificate. If not completed, a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of records or a written statement from the institution or supervisor will do
- Names and contact details of two referees
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is September 10, 2017.