Students are invited to join the PhD programme of the Institute in Physics and Biophysical Sciences starting from 2017-18 Session.
The programme starts with a pre-Ph D course work, popularly known as Post M.Sc. programme. For Physics stream, the Post M.Sc. programme is divided into two streams: Theoretical Physics and Experimental Physics.
The aim of the fellowships is to support Indian researchers.
The Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP) is an institution of basic research and training in physical and biophysical sciences located in Bidhannagar, Kolkata, India. SINP is an autonomous research institute under the administrative control of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
The research activities in this institute is broadly divided in two streams: Physics and Bio-Physics. The institute is known as a centre for conducting research for doctoral degrees and providing facilities for teaching and research in physical and biological sciences.
Course Level: These fellowships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the subjects of Physics and Biophysical Sciences.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- SINP fellowships for candidates who are selected through JEST, JGEEBILLS, GATE:
- 25,000/- p.m. for 1st two years
- 28,000/- p.m. for subsequent years
- Tenure: 4 years, extendable to 5th year subject to satisfactory performance
- Contingency, HRA etc. as per rule
- Extramural fellowships awarded by external funding authorities of Govt of India (UGC, CSIR NET, DBT and ICMR) for candidates who are selected through NET:
- The amount of fellowship, contingency grant, HRA etc. will be as per CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR rules (SINP will take no financial responsibility for students selected in this scheme).
- For all candidates, Limited hostel accommodation will also be available
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- M.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry (with Life Science at 10+2 level) or M.Sc. in Life Sciences (with Chemistry and Mathematics at 10+2 level).
- Students appearing in the final examinations for their Masters’ degrees during the current academic session may also apply.
- However, their admission will be made provisional till they successfully pass their Masters’ degrees in compliance with the cut-off requirement for SINP screening procedure (to be announced later).
Nationality: Applicants of India can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have M.SC degree.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadlines are April 15, 2017 for Physics and May 7, 2017 for Biophysical Sciences.