The University of Konstanz is inviting application for its PhD position in Communication, social structure and collective movement in animal groups. The position is fully funded for 3.5 years, and open to students of any nationality.
The aim of the position will focus on understanding the interplay between communication and collective movement in wild meerkat groups.
The University of Konstanz is a university in the city of Konstanz in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The University is situated on the shore of Lake Constance just four kilometers from the Swiss border.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: Position is available for PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded to understand the interplay among communication, social structure, and collective movement in animal groups.
- Scholarship Award: The position is fully funded for 3.5 years.
- Nationality: Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply for the position.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of position is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply for the position.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants should have a master’s degree in ecology, zoology, or a related subject, however applicants with a demonstrated interest in biology who have an academic background in another scientific field such as physics, mathematics, computer science, or engineering are also encouraged to apply.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should apply via the IMPRS application system (due 15 January 2018). Please include a CV, 1 page statement of your research interests, and two recommendation letters.