Applicants are invited for 4 year PhD position to undertake research on vocal communication and breeding decisions in wild zebra finches within the Behavioural Ecology chair group at Wageningen University. The position is exclusively open to international students.
The aim of this project is to determine how animals respond behaviourally and physiologically in their breeding decisions to climatic variability, using wild zebra finches in the Australian arid zone as a model.
The Wageningen University & Research(WUR) is a Dutch public university in Wageningen, Netherlands. It consists of Wageningen University and the former agricultural research institutes (Dienst Landbouwkundig Onderzoek (DLO)) of the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture.
- Application Deadline: January 7, 2018
- Course Level: Position is available for PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of vocal communication and breeding decisions in wild zebra finches.
- Scholarship Award: Position will cover the following:
- A contract with full social benefits based on the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO for 38 hrs/week. Initially, the PhD-appointment will be for a period of 18 months. Continuation of the appointment with another 30 months is contingent on a positive performance evaluation. Based on a full-time appointment, gross salary will be € 2.222 per month in the first year, rising each year up to €2.840 per month in the fourth year and includes the contribution to a pension scheme. The salary is supplemented with a holiday allowance (8%) and an end of year bonus of 8,3% % of the gross salary per year.
- Participation in the training program of the Graduate School WIAS at Wageningen University.
- Stimulating international research environment.
- An excellent opportunity to develop an international scientific network.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the position.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of position is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for the position.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a MSc-degree in Biology with specialization in Animal Behaviour / Behavioural Ecology or equivalent experience.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- Applications have to be submitted via the Wageningen UR online application system. Applications should include a letter of motivation, CV and names of three references.