Applications are invited for 2 PhD open positions (3 years) starting at the beginning of November 2018. These positions are available within the Joint Doctoral Programme in Interactive and Cognitive Environments (JD ICE for Italian and international applicants.
The aim of the PhD Position is to enable and encourage academically able Italian and international applicants.
The programme provides high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: PhD scholarships are available within the Joint Doctoral Programme in Interactive and Cognitive Environments (JD ICE) that is a PhD programme organised by the Department of Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications Engineering and Naval Architecture at University of Genoa and the Centre for Intelligent Sensing at Queen Mary University of London.List of Subjects: Dynamic Bayesian networks for heterogeneous signal processing for modeling, understanding and recognizing anomalous events in crowded environments-this research theme will study novel signal processing techniques based on probabilistic graphical models and dynamic Bayesian networks for understanding crowd dynamics and detecting potentially dangerous situations
Compressed sensing based approach for dynamic opportunistic transmission in cognitive radio devices-this research theme will study algorithms and methods based on compressed sensing theory as enabler for cognitive radio terminals for opportunistic spectrum usage to optimize transmission rate and external attack robustness
- Scholarship Award: The research grant consists of about 16.5Keuro/year
- Number of Scholarships: Applications are invited for 2 PhD open position
- Nationality: Italian and international applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy and UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Italian and international applicants can apply for these positions.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento or Laurea Specialistica degree for Italian applicants in one of the following fields (or another relate field); Master of Science or equivalent degree for applicants from abroad: Telecommunication Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering, IT, Computer Science (or Laurea degree in Informatica).
- Basic knowledge in the following topics: Signal Processing, Communication Systems, Pattern Recognition, Image/Video Processing, English knowledge.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
How to Apply: The application is divided into two phases.
- In the first phase the interested applicants should send their complete C.V. and two recommendation letters to Professor Lucio Marcenaro, e-mail: lucio.marcenaro-at-unige.it.
- In the second phase, applicants whose CV fits with requirements will be encouraged and advised to present an application for the official admission competition at Genoa University on line application closing on June , 2018.
- Candidates will have to take admission interview with a inter/university commission on July 5th 2018 at 9.30 AM to obtain the PhD position.
In addition to the completed application, the following documents must be submitted:
- A complete C.V. must contain at least the education degrees and the related information, experiences (both academic and non-academic), projects, list of publications, and every other things applicant think can be useful.
- If applicant have not graduated yet, provide some information about the probable graduation date.
- If applicant have some publications, they can also send some of the important ones together with CV.
- Applicant can also send any other information that they think can be useful and effective for their profile.