The Vienna University of Technology is looking for excellent applicants for PhD and Postdoctoral Positions in Computer Graphics/Geometry. These positions are open for both Austrian and International applicants.
The aim of the positions is to offer a great opportunity for both high-quality computer-graphics research as well as interdisciplinary research.
The Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) was founded in 1815 as Imperial-Royal Polytechnical Institute, it was the first University of Technology within present-day German-speaking Europe.
Application Deadline: January 26, 2018
Course Level: These positions are available to pursue PhD and Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: These positions are awarded in Computer Graphics/Geometry.
Scholarship Award: These positions will cover the followings:
- PostDoc:Entry level salary as a postdoctoral researcher is currently 3.590,70 EUR/month gross (40h/week contract), 14 times/year.
- PhD: Entry level salary as PhD researcher is currently 1.685,30 EUR/month gross (25h/week contract), 14 times/year.
Nationality: Austrian and International
Number of Scholarships: Total two positions are available one for PhD and one for postdoctoral research.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants from all over the world are eligible for these positions.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Knowledge or interest in one or more of the following: computer graphics, 3D reconstruction, 3D modelling, rendering, geometry processing
- Strong analytical skills
- Good skills in programming (preferably C++, OpenGL, CUDA, Matlab or similar)
- Abilities to work as an independent and flexible researcher in interdisciplinary teams (corresponding to either PhD or PostDoc level)
- Good knowledge of English in speaking and writing
- (for PostDoc): prior publications in the mentioned areas
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
- The application should be sent to the personnel department of the TU Wien, Karlsplatz 13, 1040 Wien, preferably in digital form (pdf) via E-Mail.
How to Apply:
- Motivation letter
- Certificates of degrees and grades in courses taken so far
- list of publications
- A copy of the thesis of the highest obtained degree in PDF form