A Doctoral Research Fellowship in Fluid Mechanics is available at the Department of Mathematics. This is awarded to Norwegian and foreign applicants both.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; Ph.D. research fellows and postdoctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English.
Course Level: Fellowship is provided for Ph.D. programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Fluid Mechanics at The University of Oslo.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship includes: Position code 1017, Pay grade: 50 – 57 (NOK 430 500 – 483 700 per year).
Scholarship can be taken at Norway
Eligibility: Criteria is:
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials. Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in fluid mechanics. The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a Ph.D. degree.
- The fellowship requires admission to the Ph.D. programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the Ph.D. programme must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
- A good command of English is required.
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in fluid mechanics.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; Ph.D. research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language or
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service or
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge or
- Applicants to the programme for the Ph.D. degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1 June 2016.