The Walailak University would like to introduce the newly-launching scholarship program for international students named “The PhD Scholarship for Outstanding International Students”. This scholarship enables international students to undertake full-time research in PhD programs at Walailak University, located in Thailand.
The aim of the scholarship is to promote the postgraduate curriculum and research of the University.
Walailak University is a public university located in Thailand. Although state-funded, Walailak University is given a high level of autonomy, unusual among Thai public universities.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the following fields:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Computational Science
- Drug and Cosmetics
- Management of Information Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Full scholarships covering tuition fee, dormitory fee and monthly allowance (10,000 baht per month / approx. USD 300 per month)
- Partial scholarships covering tuition fee and dormitory fee
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Thailand
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be non-Thai citizen
- Have outstanding academic records
- Have an offer from a PhD. Program at WU
Nationality: International applicants can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree.
English Language Requirement: Candidate must have TOEFL IBT or IELTS scores not lower than 61 or 6.0 respectively (for non-native English applicants)
How to Apply:
- The candidate should find a thesis advisor and contact them to discuss the candidate’s academic background and whether the advisor’s Ph.D. program can provide supervision for the candidate’s research topic. A list of thesis advisors who are qualified to receive students under the scholarship program is available at https://cia.wu.ac.th/?page_id=895
- Apply for admission and submit application documents directly to the thesis advisor (see the supporting documents list on page 3)
- Admission consideration: the thesis advisor submits candidate’s application to the Committee of the Postgraduate Program. Once the consideration is completed, the Committee of the Postgraduate Program will send an offer letter to the successful candidate and a reject letter to the unsuccessful candidate.
- Scholarship-approval consideration: the Committee of the Postgraduate Program submits a list of successful candidates and their application documents to the scholarship committee for the scholarship consideration.
Application Deadline: The first-round application deadline is November 15, 2017, and the second-round application deadline is February 28, 2018.