The African Center of Excellence for Innovative Teaching and Learning Mathematics and Science (ACE ITLM S) organise PhD Scholarship at University of Rwanda for the academic session of 2017. The scholarship is open to African students in the field of Mathematics and Science Education.
The main aim of the scholarship is to strengthen human capacity in the delivery of teaching and learning of mathematics and science in Rwanda and across the region, in collaboration with regional and international institutions.
The University of Rwanda is a higher education institution formed in 2013.The UR support the development of Rwanda by discovering and advancing knowledge, committed to the highest standards of academic excellence, where students are prepared for lives of service, leadership and solutions.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of Mathematics and Science Education.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Tuition fee up to $1 900 per student per year for three years (maximum four years).
- Accommodation, living and local transport allowances up to $3000 per student per
- A round trip air ticket for some selected candidates from other African countries.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Rwanda
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Candidates applying for the PhD program should have an MSc degree in Mathematics/Science with an undergraduate degree in Education or an undergraduate degree in mathematics/science subjects(s) with a Master degree in Education.
Nationality: African applicants can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have MSc degree in Mathematics/Science.
English Language Requirement: The candidate must have sufficient knowledge of English, which will be the medium of instruction.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- A detailed curriculum vitae of the applicant
- A recent passport sized photograph and a copy of ID (or Passport).
- Notified copies of previous degrees/certificates and transcripts
- A personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate’s motivation to join the programs.
- Two letters of recommendations trom Lecturers/supervisors from previous educational institutions.
- An abstract of Masters program dissertation
- A concept note stating the research problem, the purpose and objectives of the research, the methodology, the expected outcome and its expected impact in the area of study
- Applicants must submit the soft copies of all documents (as specified in point 3 above) through the following email addresses: aceit1ms-at-ur.ac.rw and com:
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 10, 2017.