The Manlio Rossi-Doria Centre for Economic and Social Research is calling applications for its new scholarship in memory of Giovanni Anania for Italian and Foreign students. Applications will be evaluated on the basis of a research project clearly specifying objectives and methodologies.
The Scholarship is aimed at a PhD student or young scholar having obtained the PhD degree within the last three academic years.
The Manlio Rossi-Doria Centre for Economic and Social Research is a Centre of Excellence of Roma Tre University established in 2013. The Centre promotes research and higher education in economic and human development, in an interdisciplinary approach, with a special focus on: agriculture, food security, environmental sustainability and energy issues; international trade, foreign investment, international relations, global value chains; Italian economy, with special focus on Southern Italy, cohesion and development policies; European integration; analysis and evaluation of policies; human development.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Applicants will carry out their research activities at an Italian University on research themes related to the field of agro-food economy. Study and research activities will be supervised by a member of the faculty at the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics of the University of California at Davis within the following range of subject areas:
- Agricultural Economics
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Development Economics
- Applied International Commodity Trade
- Agricultural Policy
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship amounts to €5,000€ to help cover the expenses of a tuition-free stay at the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics of the University of California at Davis (United States), giving the scholarship recipient the right to attend educational activities and seminars offered by the Department. Minimum expected the stay at UC Davis is 4 months, preferably in Fall term 2018/2019 and, in any case, not later than Spring 2019.
- Nationality: Italian and Foreign students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Italian and Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The Scholarship is aimed at a PhD student or young scholar having obtained the PhD degree within the last three academic years. The Call is open to applicants up to 35 years of age, with an Italian or foreign qualification, who carry out their research activities at an Italian University on research themes related to the field of agro-food economy.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Deadline for 2018 Applications is April 30th, 2018. Applications must be mailed to centro.rossidoria-at-uniroma3.it accompanied by:
- Research project;
- Copy of an identity document;
- Certificate of enrolment in a PhD Degree or certificate of PhD Degree;
- Letter of recommendation of the PhD supervisor and/or of a professor belonging to an Italian University.