The University of Hamburg invites applications for a PhD-scholarship for plant ecology in the project “WEPSS – Warming Effects on Plant Soil interplay and ecosystem functioning in Wadden Sea Salt marshes”.
The University of Hamburg is a comprehensive university in Hamburg, Germany. It was founded on 28 March 1919, having grown out of the previous General lecture system and the Colonial Institute of Hamburg as well as the Akademic Gymnasium.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Plant Ecology.
- Scholarship Award: The PhD-scholarship includes 1100 Euro per month (tax-free, without health insurance/ health insurance, has to be organised by the student him/herself) and a monthly addition of 100 Euro to cover material costs and incidental expenses.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Germany are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
An excellent university degree in a relevant field (e.g. plant ecology, environmental science, landscape ecology)
Interest in interdisciplinary research about climate change effects on salt marsh ecosystems
The project includes fieldwork in the North of Schleswig-Holstein, thus experience with fieldwork and willingness to stay at the field site for some time during the field season is expected
Experience with statistical analysis of ecological data e.g. using the Software ‘R’
A valid driving licence
Knowledge of the ecology of coastal ecosystems or other wetlands is useful
Due to the expected collaboration with other project partners, good English language skills are needed.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae along with contact details of two referees (names and e-mail addresses), and copies of degree certificate(s). Please combine all documents into one single pdf-file. Please specify whether you apply for the topic (1) plant ecology, (2) soil fauna, or (3) soil science.