The Technical University of Denmark now wishes to invite applicants for its PhD scholarship in Plant Synthetic Biology to work on engineering of the moss Physcomitrella patens.
The aim of the scholarship is to establish several autotrophic moss mutants and the overall mission of DTU Bioengineering is to contribute to research, development and education within the scientific areas of Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biomedicine and Systems Biology.
The Technical University of Denmark often simply referred to as DTU, is a university in Kongens Lyngby, just north of Copenhagen, Denmark. It was founded at the initiative of Hans Christian Ørsted as Denmark’s first polytechnic, and is today ranked among Europe’s leading engineering institutions.
Application deadline: December 6, 2017
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Plant Synthetic Biology.
Scholarship Award: DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree in biological engineering or a similar degree (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, etc.)
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma.
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your online application no later than 6 December 2017 (local time).
- Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree but cannot begin before having received it.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.