The International Training Network of Statistics for High Energy Physics and Society (INSIGHTS) is offering a PhD scholarship in Statistical Sciences at the University of Padova.
INSIGHTS is a 4-year Marie Sklodowska-Curie Inn.ovative Training Networks project for the career development of 12 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) at 10 partner institutions across Europe. INSIGHTS is focused on applying latest advances in statistics and in particular, machine learning to particle physics.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Statistical Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: The gross scholarship amounts to euro 3,318.37/month; in addition to it, a gross mobility allowance of euro 600.00/month is provided for, as well as a gross family allowance of euro 500.00/month if applicable. The cost of enrolment in the PhD school and of the doctoral courses, as well as all expenses related to travel to schools, workshops, and network-organized events and internships will be sustained by the network.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Candidates should have an at least four year full time university education degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or related fields, formally enabling them to embark in a doctorate program in the country where the degree was obtained; in any case they should possess a strong background in Mathematics, Statistics and Statistical Learning. Additional favorable traits include good computing skills and an interest in the application of statistical methods to fundamental research. The application of females is encouraged as INSIGHTS applies affirmative-action measures to ensure gender neutrality in the recruitment process.
In addition to the above, at the time of recruitment by INFN eligible candidates must NOT have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the three years immediately preceding the recruitment date (short stays such as holidays are not taken into account). Eligible candidates must not have been awarded a doctoral degree and also be, at the time of recruitment, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. This is measured from the date when they obtained the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in Italy.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
The e-mail(s) shall include as attachments:
- A properly filled application form
- An exhaustive curriculum vitae;
- Scans of the original certificates for all titles (university degree, scholarships, etc.) claimed by the applicant in the application form;
- A readable passport scan.
How to Apply:
Applications shall be sent by e-mail.