The University of Nottingham is now accepting applications for PhD Scholarship in Tropical Conservation Ecology. Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The specific focus of the study will be decided later on as part of the student’s work developing the final research proposal.
The University of Nottingham is a public research university based in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom. It was founded as University College Nottingham in 1881 and was granted a Royal Charter in 1948. The University of Nottingham is in the top 1% of universities worldwide and is recognized globally for groundbreaking research and teaching excellence.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Tropical Conservation Ecology under the Project Title: Status of the wild elephant popula1on in Peninsular Malaysia.
Scholarship Award: The successful candidate will be en1tled to a 100% tui1on fee waiver, a monthly s1pend of RM2500, and an annual research budget of ~ RM30, 000, for a period of three years. MEME has 4WD vehicles and a field sta1on in Gerik, Perak. This scholarship is sponsored by Yayasan Sime Darby and UNMC.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Candidates are expected to meet the following requirements
- Being a Malaysian citizen
- Having a Master (or equivalent) in Conservation Science, Ecology, Environmental Science, Geography, or a relevant discipline (including environmental economics and other social sciences).
- Possessing a good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Being highly motivated and able to work resourcefully, independently, and in a team.
Nationality: Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a Master (or equivalent) degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must possess a good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
How to Apply: Applications should consist of:
- A Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic transcripts, and
- A short (1 page maximum) statement letter describing the mo1va1on to pursue this PhD. Informal enquiry may be addressed to Dr Ahimsa Campos-Arceiz at ahimsa.Camposarceiz-at-no[ngham.edu.my. Applica1ons, specifying the scholarship being applied for, should be sent by email before 5th July 2017 to MEME’s Project Manager at Praveena.Chackrapani-at-no[ngham.edu.my.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is July 5, 2017.