The Department of Political Science at Stockholm University is offering PhD Scholarships. All PhD positions are fully funded for 4 years and positioned at the Department of Political Science.
Stockholm University is offering PhD Scholarships at the Department of Political Science. These Scholarships will be awarded to pursue a graduate programme leading to the Swedish degree of ‘filosofie doktor’ (PhD).
The aim of the doctoral programme in political science is to give the student specialised knowledge within the subject field, a thorough training in research methods and a good understanding of the problems occurring in the research and the practical application.
The Department of Political Science is a dynamic and strong education- and research department at the Faculty of Social Sciences at Stockholm University. The Department aims to be nationally leading and internationally prominent within its field of research and education.
The courses and seminars within the doctoral programme at the Department of Political Science are generally given in Swedish and/or English. Even though proficiency in Swedish is not a formal requirement for admission, it is very helpful for effective participation in the courses.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the graduate programme leading to the Swedish degree of ‘filosofie doktor’ (PhD).
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Political Science at the Department of Political Science.
Scholarship Award: All PhD positions are fully funded for 4 years and positioned at the Department of Political Science. Planned entry date is August 28, 2017.
Scholarship can be taken in the Sweden
Eligibility: In order to fulfill the general eligibility requirements for admission to the graduate programme the applicant must have completed an academic degree at advanced level, completed courses equivalent to 240 Swedish university credits (of which at least 60 credits at advanced level), or have acquired the equivalent knowledge in another way in Sweden or elsewhere. There are some regulations regarding the transition.
According to the special eligibility requirements, as stated in the General Syllabus for PhD Studies in Political Science at Stockholm University, the applicant must have:
- Completed higher education equivalent to 150 Swedish university credits, including studies at the advanced level (master’s level) of at least 60 Swedish university credits in the political science subject, or the equivalent education,
- A completed written academic, independent work with a least the grade ’pass’, equivalent to at least 15 Swedish university credits in the political science subject,
- Completed additional 90 Swedish university credits, or the equivalent, of higher education in subjects relevant to the graduate programme, and
- Proficiency in English corresponding to at least 550 credits on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Nationality: Swedish and international students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: The courses and seminars within the doctoral programme at the Department of Political Science are generally given in Swedish and/or English. Even though proficiency in Swedish is not a formal requirement for admission, it is very helpful for effective participation in the courses.
How to Apply: Apply for the position at Stockholm University’s recruitment system by clicking the “Apply” button. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement and that it is submitted before the deadline. Please include the following information with application
- Contact details and personal data
- Highest degree
- Language skills
- Contact details for 2 references and, in addition, please include the following documents
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of degree projects/theses
- Research proposal (no more than 3 pages) describing:
– which research task you want to pursue within the position
– why and how you wish to address this research task
– what makes you suitable for the project in question
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements (no more than 6 files)
- Degree projects/theses (no more than 3 files)
- Certificate in English corresponding to at least 550 credits on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This criterion does not apply for students who have completed their education at a Swedish university, where English proficiency is a general eligibility requirement.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 7, 2017.